Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 330: conversations with my cursor (part 4)



Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me:  Hi.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: How have you been, you know, since yesterday?
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
              Blink Blink.
Me: Ahh, the silent treatment again. 
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: You know, I’ve taken 330 days of you just looking at me. 
        We’re old friends now, don’t you think?
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: And friends communicate. Friends express themselves.
        Friends share.  Friends help. 
        Friends do not blink at you when you need them to say something.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: C’mon! I’m in a pickle.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me:
  I need some new material, pronto. I have thirty five more days of posts!
         Can you believe it?!
 Thirty five left!
         People are expecting me to pull out the big guns.
 
         And, well, I’m not sure I have access to them.
Cursor:  Blink. Blink.
Me:  I hate guns. 
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me:  Well, I kind of like water pistols. And cowboy hats.
Cursor:  Blink. Blink.
Me: But I’m not a good cowgirl. Horses and I have a bad track record. 
        And I'd probably shoot myself in the foot. Again. I’ve done that before.
        You must have some guns? Let's see your gunshow!
I’ll give you all the credit.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
              Blink. Blink.
Me:  Ugh! Fine. Stay silent.
          I will win you over, Cursor. It will happen. 
         One day, you and I will have a wonderful ongoing conversation. 
         We’ll say meaningful things. We’ll stay up late just to finish talking.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: You’ll see.
Cursor: Blink. Blink. 
              Wink. 
Me: Hey! I saw that!! 

1 comment:

  1. So very clever, and much more than some cursory conversation. ;)

    Let me know if you ever want to do a photoshoot with that cowboy hat and waterguns. :)

    ReplyDelete