Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 228: Well, I'll be damned! (Pardon the pun).

This Rapture/End of Days stuff is very entertaining.
I am continually astounded by what some people need to believe in order to exist coherently.
(Or exit coherently, for that matter).
According to an eighty nine year old religious fanatic (Harold Camping) tomorrow is the end of the world.
Judgement Day! ...echo, echo, echo...
(But, you know, without any action heroes or pro-wrestlers).
Tomorrow is exactly 7,000 years since Noah sailed off into the sunset on his zoo-TV ark (with Bono and the guys).
And I don’t really know the specifics as to why but apparently (according to bible numerology)  May 21, 2011 is the date that the world implodes.
A massive global earthquake.
And all the ‘believers’ will be beamed up to heaven Star Trek styles and the ‘sinners’ will be left behind to battle plague, famine, and taxes for the next five months until the mother implosion of all implosions occurs and there is no more Earth.
(Wait a second? Wasn’t Bruce Willis in that movie?).
I wish I could be a fly on the wall wherever
Harold Camping is at around 11:45 p.m tomorrow night.
All these bible belters looking at him the way Desi Arnaz used to look at Lucy after she had been up to some mischief and say: 

“Camping, you got some 'splainin' to do!” 




3 comments:

  1. hey just commenting to say love your blog :)
    wondering when you get to 365 days of bloggin ( which you will because your a brilliant writer :)) are you just going to stop?
    please don't because your writing is amazing and it would be a shame to stop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is a nice boost and very sweet! Thank you! Praise is an underrated currency. I have been asked by quite a few people if I will do another 365 challenge...and 228 days in I could say with all honesty and conviction: NO. It is tougher than I thought it would be. It's a nice time capsule of a very defining year, I think. After this, I need to roll up my sleeves and work on actual essays. So maybe 1 post a month? After a nice little break, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. one post a month sounds good as long as you don'y stop i'm happy :)

    ReplyDelete