Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 217: it's science (I think)




I have a theory, it’s not scientifically proven, but I believe you can tell a lot about a person by the way they drink a cappuccino or how they eat their corn on the cob.
Let’s imagine for a second:

Someone serves you a cappuccino with a luscious mountain of foam.
What’s your next instinct?
Do you sprinkle some sweet chocolate on top?
Do you sprinkle some spicy cinnamon, instead?
Do you pour the sugar packet on top and watch it melt through, then drink it while it’s hot?
Do you spoon up the foam and let the bubbles pop on your tongue?
Do you stir in the sugar and foam in one big sweep, cooling it down?
Do you take a sip and make people laugh at your foam moustache?
If you don’t drink cappuccino (heaven help you!) then let’s imagine how you eat corn on the cob.
Someone serves you a hot cob of corn.
What is your next move?
Do you butter it up?
Add salt?
Do you eat it with your hands or using a fork on each end?
Do you bite in the middle and chew off in every direction missing kernels on the way?
Do you eat it Bugs Bunny Style like a typewriter-- in one clean line from left to right?
Do you start on one side and circle around the width of it?
Do you leave kernels behind?
In my mind, every small detail is a big hint on how that person approaches life, sex and finances.
I’ll let you think about it.
‘Cause I know I’m really sick tonight (with high fever and stuff) but I think I’m onto something, here…
(Oh, and I'll try not to stare the next time we go for coffee or head to a BBQ).





No comments:

Post a Comment