Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 214: conversations with my cursor (part 3)

Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: You know, the daily white glare from these Word docs is starting to give me 'computer tan'. Is there a cream for that?
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: I think the well has dried up. I have nothing to say.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: NOTHING!
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: And my posts this week have made me want to kick myself. So revealing. I'm such a moron.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: I told my friend yesterday that I don’t think I want to do this anymore.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: It’s hard.
Cursor:  Blink. Blink.
Me: I need a break! How can I write anything decent in the few hours I get everyday. And I don’t want to write about my hurt anymore. But it still hurts. What can I say...
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: Yeah, I know. That (like this) is a conversation with myself. Kind of like sitting at the see-saw in the playground alone. The highs and lows are up to you.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: I feel a little defeated.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
             Blink. Blink.
Me: I need a change of scenery.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: And even then, I’m still stuck with you and your incessant blinking. That’s if I follow through with this insane idea…
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: (exhales) I’m just tired, you know. I’d love a distraction. Preferably the tall and handsome variety.
Cursor: Blink. Blink.
Me: Yeah, that’s what I thought.

3 comments:

  1. Do you use a stick or some kind of whip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up Catholic Italian, all I need is a dose of mom guilting me on and saying (and she did): "whats going on with you? finish what you started!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't tell ya how many times I've wished there was a vaccination for the writers-block virus.

    I hate writing so literally - what makes me proud of my writing is when I am metaphorical in my representations of the true problem, just to keep people guessing and prevent the piece from becoming too obvious. However, it seems to be all I am capable of doing these days. Sigh.

    Maybe you should blink back at the cursor, just see what happens...

    ReplyDelete