Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 150: A dream is a wish your heart makes...

I dreamed of Sammy the other night.
I was teaching him arpeggios and scales on the piano again.
Except in my dream he wasn’t sick.
Or emaciated.
He wasn’t dying.
He looked healthy and happy.
And chubby, actually.
He had hair again… long and wavy.
He was telling me jokes.
(Always the wisecracker, that one).
We were laughing.
I don’t remember what we were laughing about.
But it was silly and the laughter came from somewhere deep that we lost our voices.
I wish he was still around.
I miss him.
I miss those days by the piano.
They were special.
I really got to know him.
That was a gift.
And so was this short and vivid dream, because it felt like he was OK.
And that he missed me too.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful way of remembering him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so lovely. And who the heck knows what or where or why...but he was with you, and that is enough.

    ReplyDelete