Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 127: white flag

Star anise flavored hot toddy on my tongue.
With just enough kick from the scotch to make everything a little softer around the edges.
I'm so tired.
My body feels broken.
It needs to submerge in vanilla scented bubbles, pronto.
A little TLC on this very cold and unforgiving winter night.
You’ll have to excuse my whining; I’ve got a little case of the aquamarines.
That’s usually what happens when I am physically and mentally exhausted.
My heart takes over and starts to scold me for all the things my mind congratulates me for.
Yeah, my heart is the very last of my defenses to ever admit defeat.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm a little bit melodramatic when I'm exhausted. I had a bath, and was in bed by 9:30pm. Woke up, read what I wrote (cause I forget) and laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Reasons To Be Cheerful' - The sadly missed Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Oh, and 'Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick'.

    ReplyDelete