Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 139: train in the sand

I dreamed I was running from a train on a beach. A giant black truck was racing alongside it. I ran as fast as I could, but my feet were slow and heavy and sinking in the sand. I was so frightened to get hit by them that my heart felt like it was pounding in my throat. I managed to find a wall to hide behind and held onto it with all my strength. The wind they created was so strong it brought me to my knees. I had to dig my nails into the concrete of that wall to hold on. The earth shook and sand was whipping at my face as I watched them pass me by. The wind didn’t catch me to take me with them. I was so relieved and grateful because I didn’t want to go where they were travelling.

When they were out of sight, I stood up and looked around at the scene. I sensed that I was in war time. I wasn't sure which war, but it wasn’t a new one. It was an old war. A war that finally felt over. My clothes were tattered and faded by the sun. I began to walk and realized that I was holding a brand new Mac laptop under my arm. This made me laugh as I searched for an unoccupied bench to write on.

Beach House was playing in my head when I woke up.


2 comments:

  1. I love having crazy dreams. I don't think I've ever had the chance to wake up with Beach House in my head, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah... I completely lucked out with the Beach House. Yesterday I woke up with Taylor Swift in my head... It's hit or miss.

    ReplyDelete