Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 133: like glue

I’m stuck.
Stuck in it.
And I’m embarrassed to admit it.
It’s not a good place to be.
Stuck.
I’ve never let anything take hold of me this way.
It’s not like me to let it.
I’ve never allowed anything so abstract pin me down for this long.
And surround me with this imaginary web of knots.
That I run my fingers along to feel and unravel.
Whenever the thought ambushes me.
As it does.
And it feels good when it does.
Until I feel stuck.
Stuck in it.
And it’s not a good place to be.


4 comments:

  1. Ah, I am sorry to hear this Tanya. I do understand, and share the feeling sometimes (even though of course I don't know your particular reason, what it is that's holding you).

    I'm not sure if this will help, or be relevant to what you're dealing with .... but reading this reminded me of one of my favorite books, Callings by Gregg Levoy. There's a passage online - maybe it will help in some way:
    http://www.gregglevoy.com/dignity_of_daring.html

    Hugs Tanya. You're a wise, talented, beautiful woman. Whatever is weaving this web, I hope it reveals its lesson and goes on its way very soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who's keen on knitting - perhaps she could help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But why shouldn’t my work be hard? Almost everybody’s work is hard. One is distracted by this notion that there is such a thing as inspiration, that it comes fast and easy. And some people are graced by that style. I’m not. So I have to work as hard as any stiff, to come up with the payload." - Leonard Cohen

    Not sure if Like glue refers to writers block but if it does it may feel good to know L.C. has been there. too.

    ReplyDelete