Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 120: don't (unless you want to)

don’t sit so close to me
because our legs and arms are touching
and I can't cool the rising temperature of my skin
we’re just sitting
i’m not supposed to want to feel you

don’t look at me that way
because it makes my heart race
and my breathing change
you’re just looking
I’m not supposed to like it

don’t lean in when you speak to me
because your lips brush against my cheek
and your breath travels down the side of my neck like a lost kiss without a map
you’re just talking
i’m not supposed to let that excite me

don’t ask me those questions
because the band is playing
and stopping this dance now is a terrible waste of music
you’re just curious
and i’m not supposed to answer you

3 comments:

  1. OOh! Even I am excited. Plus, it's paired with such a perfect song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "like a lost kiss without a map"

    That's a gorgeous line, and this is one amazing (and sexy) poem. Okay, I'm going to throw myself into a snow bank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and your breath travels down the side of my neck like a lost kiss without a map". damn, ralph, I was planning on being the first person to repeat the awesome line. Well, now you know of at least 2 people who <3 that line.

    ReplyDelete