Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 140: The boost.

I am craving a metamorphosis.
To shed some old skin!
Well, I say that but all I’m really talking about is getting a new haircut.
Specifically: the ‘short bang bob.’
It’s a classic.
It makes me feel sexy.
(And sexy would feel particularly good end of February, just sayin’).
When I’m bored with the way things are in the present, that’s usually my quick fix.
Some people turn to recreational drugs, I go to the hairstylist.
It works every time.
It’s not vanity, it is reinvention.
It’s the mood it triggers.
Most of us ladies do it at some point.
A few years ago I switched between auburn, jet black, and strawberry blonde hair.
(I’m surprised I still have any hair on my head, really).
Each color, whether it suited me or not, made me feel different.
Even my choice of clothing changed depending on the new haircut or color.
That’s the point I’m trying to make here.
Something inside as well as outside transformed.
And I felt it.
And I reacted to how I felt.
So if you are in a rut, like I am now…
Switch it up!
Wear something that you wouldn’t normally wear.
Google hairstyles and try one…a bold one!
Wear more color--jewel tones!
Put on red lipstick. (I’ve said it before; it’s amazing how that channels inner sex appeal).
Who cares if your boyfriend likes your hair long?
Or if people tell you that blonde won’t suit you...
The point is to do it for you.
To step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
Because sometimes changing your look can actually change your outlook.
Or boost your confidence.
And there ain’t nothing wrong with that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in full support of this post, this theory, and the fact (not theory) that you look fantastic in any hair style. Just make sure to post some pics. :)

    Sadly, I don't have the change-your-hair option, but I am hoping to make some changes soon. Hoping the outlook follows with it. ;) xo

    ReplyDelete