Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 72: News from Rome and gratitude

I feel special today. For two reasons: 


1) I received news from Rome. It feels so good to hear from the friends I made in my few days there this past summer. Rome was a real awakening for me.  I can honestly say I was at my happiest. Luckily, I happened to meet with kindred spirits (the amazing staff at the Scaletta Restaurant). They fed me every night, hung out with me after work and made sure I was OK. Below is the lovely and descriptive holiday note from my friend there, who brought Rome back to me with his words. I had to share: 


*
Ciao Cara, come stai? Grazie per le foto,sono belle veramente. Spero che un giorno ne possiamo fare altre insieme,magari a Roma. Qua ha incominciato a fare un pò freddo. Però secondo me, è il periodo più bello. Le strade sono piene di luci di Natale e anche se ci sono ancora pochi turisti in giro, si vedono un sacco di famiglie che fanno i regali. C'è molto calore in giro... Alla Scaletta tutto bene, ti saluto sempre tutti.. Hai trovato la tua anima gemella? Adesso vado al lavoro. Una cosa che ricordo volentieri é il tuo sorriso. Sono quelle cose che fanno star bene chi ti sta vicino...Beh! Adesso ti lascio...Stammi bene
(translation)
Hello dear, how are you? Thanks for the pictures, they are really beautiful.... I hope someday we can take more all together. In Rome, perhaps .. Here, it has become quite cold. But, in my opinion, it is the best time of the year. The streets are lit with Christmas lights and even though there are far fewer tourists, you see lots of families happily walking together, gifts in hand. There is a lot of warmth in the air around... The Scaletta restaurant is alright. They send greetings to you, as always. Have you found your soul mate? OK, now I must go to work .. One thing I remember fondly about you is the pleasure of your smile. It’s the kind that makes those around you feel goodWell! Now I leave you.  Take care.

*

2) Thanks to Google Blogger Stats, I am able to see the daily support I get from all of you awesome blog readers in different corners of this grand earth. I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge each of you. I can't tell you how pleased and surprised I am at the regular readers. I offer you my sincere and heartfelt gratitude (and OK, a virtual hug) from the bottom of my heart.  It means a lot more than you know. I don't feel as though I'm placing words into an empty vault. Thanks for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment