Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 83: Moons and Junes and ferris wheels.

I have a really great view of the moon from my living room right now.
Half of it is big and bright and half of it is hiding in darkness.
Such a lovely thing to look at.
Such a thing of wonder.
But it makes me sad.
I always think of this nursery rhyme I came across years ago:
On the far side of the moon
Lives a girl named Lola June
And she sings a lullaby
That makes the world go to sleep.
Lola June sings her tune
On the far side of the moon

As the stars go sparkling by
With a tear in her eye
Lola June croons her tune
All alone
On the far side of the moon.
It’s sweet, simple and heartbreaking.
Because I understand Lola June.
I get why she remains impossibly perched up there on the moon.

And why it makes her sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment