Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 61: Baby, it's cold outside.

It’s snowing. Pretty speckled stardust kind of snow, that lazily floats down in no particular direction. Oh, Winter. You always find your way back to Canada, don’t you?  I finally get to walk around the neighborhood today to run some errands.  I feel my leg and thigh muscles coming back to life after almost a month of being sick and sofa bound.  The wind is surprisingly cold on my cheeks and the tip of my nose.  But I breathe it in like medicine.  People are shuffling about in their parkas, clunky boots, mittens and furry hats.  A new season, and we automatically and instinctively adapt to its arrival.
It’s actually really chilly today. But I don’t mind it…yet. Makes me walk faster, and with purpose. And besides, a good Canadian girl knows that if you brave the elements long enough, it is oh-so-sweet to come in from the cold.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. :)
    Take good care of yourself.

    Thanks for following back.

    B :)

    ReplyDelete