Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 49: You are here. Maybe. Sort of.

I’m under a cheerfully striped beach umbrella.
Lying on a cushioned hammock, swinging back and forth in time to the music of the waves.
My right leg is lazily dangling over side.
And when the tide comes in close, the water tickles my toes.
I love that.
The breeze is balmy and salty, making sprinkles of dry sand dance on my warm skin.
I am blissfully munching on freshly grilled pineapples.
Mmmm….Hot, crispy, sweet, and juicy.

I’m sooo happy that I’m not under a quilt still sick with the flu.
Or lying lethargically on my couch, falling asleep to the sound of the TV.
My right leg dangling helplessly over side.
Because when the coughing starts, it relentlessly tickles the back of my throat.
I hate that.
The air can get so cool and humid, making me cover up every piece of exposed skin.
As I sadly sip tepid bottled water.
Ugh...Burning, painful, bitter, acute pharyngitis.


I'm so thrilled to be at the beach--
What?
What do you mean?
(SNEEZE)
Awwww man! Seriously?!

2 comments:

  1. Lying on a cushioned hammock is much better than the sick bed anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I can get a cushioned hammock brought into my living room. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete