Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 40: red

I haven’t worn red lipstick in a long time.
I have kind of just been wearing Chap Stick, and maybe some clear gloss.
Nothing noticeable.
But last night, before I decided what to wear to go out, I put deep red lipstick on my lips.
It’s amazing what that does.
I know the women out there can relate.
It’s not about getting made up, or done up.
It’s about how it makes you feel like… a woman.
Makes you feel sexy.
Like your kisses will leave a mark. If you want them to.
My lips were still stained this morning, when I woke up.
That’s some potent red.
Interesting, isn't it? How it's the color of a stop sign.


 

2 comments:

  1. ...and the colour of blood. The colour of anger. The colour of passion. Heat. Unrest. The Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa MastrogiacomoNovember 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM

    Hot pink has the same effect ;)

    ReplyDelete