Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 42: The nose knows.

When it comes to scent, subtlety is key. Like the slight whiff you get when leaning in closer to say something to someone. Or the balmy aroma that lingers after someone hugs you goodbye. It’s almost like a section of air gets rented out for a few brief seconds. And the essence of that person is floating around you like an invisible dancing bouquet.

Soft. Ethereal. Clean. Spicy…

My preferred scent to wear is a teensy bit of peony oil. Dabbed on my wrists, collar bone, and on the ends of my hair. So if I get caught in a breeze, I can faintly smell the arrival of summer. My favorite scent on a man is, well, simply… a soapy one. I love the musky combination of soap blended with his individually unique set of pheromones.

It's fascinating the persuasive chemistry that can be deciphered through our noses. The nose knows what it likes...and it tells the rest of the body.


2 comments:

  1. Ah the short essay. . . it's about the sentences left out as much as the ones left in. . . . this is wonderful . . . lived in Grasse for a summer after the Cannes festival . . got real nose-y then . . . have lots of writings about smells!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete