Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 57: Dear November.

Dear November,

You sure tried your bestest to kick my ass in every way possible. But you didn’t win. You weren’t my favourite month of the year, but you sure gave me a lot to reflect upon. I am moving on from you tonight and making swift friends with lively December.

Thanks for showing me I’m stronger than I think. But I will ask you, kindly, to please take all your ‘leftover November flu’ and any lingering ‘bittersweet November heartache’ and be on your way. (Both those gifts are uninvited to Christmas dinner parties and New Year’s Eve celebrations, in case you were wondering).

Maybe next year, we can try to be friends again. Yes?
It’ll be 11/11. I’m usually pretty lucky with that number.

Sincerely,

Ready to start over.



1 comment: