Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 36: Comforters.

It is hard to get out of bed today.
The bed's warmth is sucking me in.
I'm still slow from sleep, fuzzy from dreams, and heavy with thoughts.
The duvet feels fluffy and comforting, wrapped around me.
Mushy pillows (four of them) tucking me in on both sides.
The sheet is silky on my skin, and the curtains create a soft gold light in the room.
I want to stay here all day.
I don't want to be responsible.
I don't care where I need to be.
Or who I need to be.
I'm tired.
I'm so tired. 
And a bit blue.
I want to hide away.
Then my phone beeps.
I see I have a message from a friend.
The message says they love my writing, that I shouldn't stop because something good is happening.
Then I surf the web a bit and notice a few different people have shared my last post.
I can't tell you how good that feels.
And I needed to feel good.
I'm blessed to have people in my life who support me.
Who love me.
Who are rooting for me.
That is today's emotional duvet, wrapped around me.
And my reason to get out of this bed right now.
Smiling.

1 comment:

  1. You wrap words around thoughts and feelings like the duvet is wrapped around you. This is really lovely Tanya. Count me among those adoring/supporting/rooting friends saying you shouldn't stop. :)

    ReplyDelete