Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 25: phew

It’s now 11:33pm and I’m searching my brain for what this post should be about.
I have a few ideas roaming around in there…but the principal thought coming to mind is how I set up this ridiculously colossal goal.
365 days of something to say.
Daunting!
I am less than a month in. Can I do it?
It’s pretty remarkable, though, what this process has me feeling.
The nerd in me has homework to look forward to (racing home on a Friday evening because I have to write before midnight).
The romantic in me has a safe outlet to suffer through the darkness of my own romanticism.
The perfectionist in me has that ‘I-didn’t-study-hard-enough-for-this-exam’ anxiety and exhilaration right before I press “publish”.
And sometimes (a small number of times) I feel like someone else is doing the writing.
I am just the stenographer, listening and typing away.
Those are my favorite posts.
Those are the ones that make me so grateful that I am, in fact, doing this silly experiment.
It is working.
I am finding my voice. I'm listening to it.
25 days done, 340 days to go.
*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. The juxtaposition of the words "darkness" and "romanticism" pretty much sums up the good and the bad about life.... but, without it.. we wouldn't know how sweet the sweet is.

    ReplyDelete