Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 4: conversations with my cursor (part 1)

Cursor: Blink. Blink.
              Blink. Blink.
Me: I know, I know…I’m trying to think of something here. Me and my stupid idea of writing something everyday! Now people are expecting something somewhat creative EVERYDAY!
Cursor: Blink, Blink.
Me: I don’t want this to turn into My Journal, you know? That’s boring. But sometimes… it’s all I got.
Cursor: Blink, Blink.
Me: That’s really annoying. Can you please stop blinking?
Cursor: Blink, Blink.
Me: Pbbbbllltttt….Ummm….
Cursor: Blink, Blink
Me: I don’t know, man. Maybe I’m just not a writer. If I was, wouldn’t I have this unrelenting force from within that spews in-depth characters in motion? Shouldn’t imagery and stories be crowding my every thought?
Cursor: Blink, Blink
Me: You see? This. THIS is why I stopped writing. You, Cursor, and your friend Blank Page just scare me now. You feel like a mirror in a fun-house. And when I look at you, all I see is this changed grownup who has slowly let pieces of her creative insides turn to mush.
Cursor: Blink, Blink
Me: I don’t see the dreamer anymore. Show me the dreamer. I already dropped theater, and (surprisingly) the singing, and now I'm getting bored with my camera! What do I lose next?
Cursor: Blink, Blink
Me: I don’t want to lose it all. So be kind to me, Cursor. When I look at you blinking, throw a sentence my way. Something. Anything.
Cursor: Blink, Blink. Blink, Blink…There once was a girl who lost her heart to the ocean...
Me: hmmm.
Cursor: ...and a boy who waited patiently by the shore, for the tide to bring it back.
Me: That will do fine for today.
       Thank-you.

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget.. sometimes you have to lose it ALL before you find what you need! The art of letting go. .....but, in the mean time....

    CURSE the cursed cursor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw... i promise i won't comment on EVERY post! so STOP "moving" me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que tu aies ou non quelques chose à dire, je te lirai. I want to be there when "it" is going to happen.
    Pour le reste, en ce qui me concerne, le processus me plait autant que le résultat.
    Peut être que si ton curseur t'hypnotise, ça va relâcher ton inconscient ? Va donc savoir ce qui s'y cache ? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete