Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 22: foggy

We have had some impressive fog in my neighborhood lately.
I adore fog.
I love how it turns everyday surroundings into a thick and hazy painting that we get to walk through, or drive through, find our way through…
It has this irresistible cinematic quality that makes me…well, impulsive.
Once I woke up in the middle of the night; saw the fog through my window- and suddenly I was out of bed, jacket and rain boots on, walking down my street photographing the mist.
In the middle of the night!
Alone!!
Something comes over me and I just want to be part of it.
I don’t want to miss it.
I want to have my senses heightened by the sexiness of a blinding fog.
I want to linger in this extraordinarily striking and transitory scene.
Because you know what? The fog will lift.
And everything goes back to being as it was.
Why wouldn’t we want to seize the opportunity to be part of a little magic?

No comments:

Post a Comment